Hiring a lawyer for the first time can be insanely overwhelming and stressful.
For many clients, the choice of lawyer can have a dramatic impact upon the ultimate outcome of the case.
The difference between winning and losing.
Between going to jail or walking away free.
Death and life.
We can’t tell you who to hire, refer you to a lawyer, or evaluate potential candidates for you.
But we can provide you with information that will help you understand how lawyers work and what you can expect when you talk to or work with a lawyer.
If you have never hired an attorney, or even had much contact with attorneys, we recommend that you started with:
- Tips For Hiring a Lawyer For The First Time
- Questions To Ask a Lawyer During a Consultation
- How Do Lawyers Get Paid?
- How Much Money Do I Need For a Lawyer?
- Can Lawyers Charge For Travel Time?
- Do Lawyers Charge For Phone Calls?
- Do Lawyers Charge For Emails?
- Can You Hire a Lawyer From Another City?
- Can a Lawyer Represent You In Another State?
- Will a Lawyer Take a Losing Case?
- Why Are Lawyers So Expensive?
- Can I Fire a Lawyer and Get a Refund?
- How Do Car Accident Lawyers Work?
- Considerations When Hiring a General Practitioner vs a Specialist
If your case is a criminal case, reading the following articles before contacting any attorney candidates could be helpful:
- Arraignment vs Indictment: What’s The Difference?
- Arraignment vs Initial Appearance: What’s The Difference?
- Can My Power of Attorney Go To Court For Me?
- How Does a District Attorney File Charges?
- Can You Go To Jail At Arraignment?
- Can You Plead Guilty At Arraignment?
- How Long After Arraignment Is Sentencing?
- Can You Trade Probation For Jail?
- Do First Time Offenders Go To Jail?
- Why Do Cases Go To Trial (Instead of Settling)?
- Benefits of Plea Bargaining For Prosecutors
- How Defense Attorneys Sleep At Night
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Probation
- Can a Doctor Excuse You From Jail?
- What Does a Criminal Lawyer Do on a Daily Basis?
- Why Would a District Attorney Be Looking For Me?
- Does the Victim Have to Appear in Court?
- Can a Defense Attorney Refuse To Take a Case?
Other Articles You Might Find Helpful:
Why Are Lawyers Paid So Much?
Lawyers are perceived to be one of the highest earning professions. While some lawyers earn…
Considerations When Hiring a General Practitioner vs a Specialist
When hiring an attorney, you’ll likely have a decent sized list of potential attorneys to…
Tips For Choosing An Attorney For The First Time
Choosing an attorney should be something done after much research and care. This is especially…
How Do Lawyers Get Paid?
In general, lawyers can get paid by clients in a few different ways: on an…
Do Lawyers Get Paid More If They Win A Case? (ANSWERED)
Answer: generally no, but maybe. Let us explain. Do Lawyers Get Paid More If They…
Can Lawyers Charge For Travel Time?
Answer: yes, lawyers can charge for travel time if certain circumstances are met, but the…